Friday, December 26, 2008

Just A Bit Of Style Change

I woke up at 12:30 Christmas afternoon. Great.

I'm sitting here IMing three people and eyeing the book that I should be reading right now because it is so good. Its called Directed Verdict by Randy Singer. Amazing courtroom thriller. Its reading books like these that make me want to become a lawyer. I'm prolly heading down that path anyway...

I've been speaking to my grandfather, a retired army man, about my career choices and such. He wanted me to become a nurse. I said 'Nah, B.' Not really. I said I didn't want to go into nursing. Then he went into this thing about how the army will pay for my schooling and all that. I still wasn't having it. Why do I look like sitting in a frikkin medical tent in Tajikistan tending to the wounds of American patriots? What the hell do I look like tending to anyone's but my future children's wounds?

He then said " You should be a lawyer. We have every other important profession in the family except a lawyer, a nurse and a doctor." I said. " Yes, Grandfather." But then, as the week went on I thought about it. I would make a great defense lawyer. And boy do I love to argue. I told my father last week and he sai "You'd make a great lawyer." (He'd also been suggesting this profession for years now.) I told my grandfather last night and he was happy. I told one of my guy friends and he would most likely be my first major client. LOLz

Now, I'm trying to share some Charles Hamilton and Blu to one of my good friends. He gets kinda skeptical but for the most part we have the same taste in music so I know he will like them....I sent him some B.o.B too....

Music excites me. I dont know what it is but it just does. Especially when I hear music with meaning and good words. Like I can sit and listen to Nas all day...I can keep One Mic or Close the Door on repeat and not get sick of it. My ideal music playlist would have only like 10-15 artists. No lie. I'll prove it. The only artists (rap) that I would constantly listen to are: Jigga, Esco, Biggie, Chalres Hamilton, Blu, B.o.B, Mos Def, Talib, AZ, dead prez, 50 and a few other who are not coming to my head at this moment. I listen to real rap music. Not the 'I wanna make people think I'm cool so ima pretend I went ot jail for 10 years even though I only spent 3 months for a minor crime' music or the 'let me make a dance for everything under the Sun' type music...

I get upset when people play garbage rap and say "Yo, this shxt is dope. This is real hip hop. He is the new face of hip hop." Trick please. If making dance songs and songs about donks, loving in clubs, giving buisness and foolishness like that is supposed to revive hip hop, then what killed it?

No one respects rappers that pretend. Don't say that you were born in the ghetto when you don't know what government cheese is. Don't say you grew up in the streets if ya parents never let you out the house. Stop claiming shxt that you are not. Don't try to be hard. Be yourself. Thats why I love Charles and Asher and them dudes. They didn't change to suit the public. Nobody should. Personally, I think that is why hip hop and rap isn't at its greatest anymore. No one wants to be themselves. its like rappers feel that they have to come with a certain look in order to be listened to. Damnit, Charles Hamilton wears pink and likes Sonic the Hedgehog and I love his music. If some rapper loved wearing Barney t-shirts, gave shout outs to Barney and the Teletubbies and had dope lyrics, even though I might think he was a bit queer, I'd listen to him. Damnit, I wouldn't care if a turtle rhymed like Nas, I'd listen. At the end of the day, all that should matter is the quality of the music.

Now I shall go read for an hour or so and then sleep until 12.30 this afternoon.

Dueces Jibreel...

0 comments: