Wednesday, December 31, 2008

They Say Imma Hater

So after I shared my little rant on SB, I was told that I was a hater. Now this isn't anything new to me because they told me that on HV but personally, I don't think that I have the neccessary traits to be named a hater. Urban dictionary.com defines hating as:
1)A person that simply cannot be happy for another person's success. So rather than be happy they make a point of exposing a flaw in that person. Hating, the result of being a hater, is not exactly jealousy. The hater doesnt really want to be the person he or she hates, rather the hater wants to knock somelse down a notch,
2)Overused word that people like to use just because someone else expresses a dislike for a certain individual, and
3)A person who feels anger and/or jealousy for someone who has succeeded in something they have worked hard for.
Quite frankly, I agree with the second definition because that what peope have been doing. "Oh you don't like SB's music? You are a hater." What the fkk kindda bullshxt is that? I gues that would mean that I'm hating on Tony Yayo and Cam'Ron and such people. The first is certified hateration, which is not what I am doing. I also agree with definition 3. I would accept being a hater if SB had talent, or tried to have talent. Getting money from YouTube hits is not working hard. Cranking is not working hard. Making videos with two niggies behind your shoulder is not working hard. Going at the heads that are Hip Hop is not working hard (unless he was working hard at tryna get killed). Again, expressing my valid, almost factual opinion, is not hating.
So here is a convo...
FB status Update:Olivia is venting on her blog about SB...stupid niggy, rap is for real artists. 2:27am - 11 Comments

Naomi Geezup at 2:34am December 31
lol niggy but word i agree fully

V-Lo at 2:35am December 31
Oh yeah!!!

Steven A at 4:15am December 31 via Facebook Mobile
hating again i see....smh

V-Lo at 12:03pm December 31
I am not a hater Steven A ...hmph

Steven A at 12:21pm December 31 via Facebook Mobile
"you aint a hater.....can't tell."

V-Lo at 12:34pm December 31
Oh please. Then everyone that cant stand SB is a hater...watevz..would u like to read it?

Steven A at 12:47pm December 31 via Facebook Mobile
yea sure. Write a note on facebook im mobile. And your reason for not liking him stated on hoodvisions is hating.
V-Lo at 12:57pm December 31
Gilley, I'm not hating. Im sure there are ppl in this world you dont like. Are you hating on them? Just expressing my opinion, sir.=)(Then I copy and pasted this mornings blog entry)


Steven A at 1:30pm December 31 via Facebook Mobile
see when you get mad at someone's success then to me its automatically hating. Im not particulary a fan of Soulja Boy but I admire his hustle and prob sing to some of his songs but if i dislike someone i dont speak on their success but OnLy the fact that i dont like their style songs music etc but dont get mad cause other ppl like it and he is making money

V-Lo at 1:34pm December 31
Im not mad at his success per se....And I did talk about his 'musical talent'....I'mz not a hater. Money is nothing without respect. I really wouldn't care if he was the richest man in the world, I have no respect for him because of his personality and his 'music'. Point Blank

Steven A at 1:38pm December 31 via Facebook Mobile
oh ok.
There is no way anybody who know real hip hop can legitimately hate on Soulja Boy Tell 'Em. No way in Heaven, Hell or on this Earth. i really don't believe someone would call me a hater for saying I can't stand SB. I wouldn't be upset if they said I hated on Nas or Jigga or Biggie..Damn

1 comments:

The 90's Baby Speaks said...

All I can do is shake my head. SMH.